Newest Message: RE: RE: Old Boro gate has gone up now by Cynic on 27/5/2017, 14:10:44 - View Thread

RE: RE: Whitby Gazette. by Tree User: Tree

Posted: 19/5/2017 at 21:08:41, 94 views. In reply to 'RE: Whitby Gazette.'

I’m not sure it’s that attractive given my previous experience of AZ Alkmaar… I’ve got a couple of mates (only two, obviously), one who supports Norwich, one Borussia Moenchengladbach (don’t ask). So about 17 years ago, when I was living in Essex, Norwich had a friendly arranged against Borussia. So we dutifully trekked across to Norwich in my mkII Astra, no air-conditioning, heatwave, terrible traffic. My mate had rung both clubs to check the game was still on, but when we got into the ground, we could see Norwich warming up (yellow and green) and another team all in red (Borussia play in white, green and black). “New away kit?" I enquired, only to be told no, and that he didn’t recognise any of the players. Anyway we asked around and it turned out that we’d trekked halfway across rural England, on the hottest day of the year, to watch AZ Alkmaar, there’d been a last minute switch. And that was before anyone had heard of them. The afternoon was topped off when a local Einstein turned to my mate,all kited in Borussia gear and says, ."Hey, mate! What’s with the Nazi regalia?" All was not lost, I can report that Norwich offers a belting line in curry and some decent local ales.

Critically acclaimed Surfing Seadog poster: "Talks the most sense on here by a mile."

• IP Address: 82.30.88.118

Newer Thread: Old Boro gate has gone up now

Older Thread: Alhassane Keita Petition

© Surfing Seadog. All Rights Reserved. Site design and development: Steve Smith

Views expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster, and not of the site administrators,scarborough athletic football club or the seadog trust unless otherwise stated.