Newest Message: RE: Full Pre-Season friendly schedule nearly there by Boroseadog on 28/6/2017, 23:00:44 - View Thread

Thread: 88426

Everybody needs to calm down by laseadog User: laseadog

Posted: 15/2/2017 at 10:58:41, 226 views.

Honestly, losing to Pickering in the cup isn’t the most horrendous thing ever. I think some of you need to calm down and take a reality check. We are in a lot better position than last year, sitting comfortably in the league with a chance of a playoff place. Also, we are still in a cup too. Who would have thought we would be where we were this time last year? I think you are giving SK a hard time tbh. Who cares if he doesn’t have people skills? Who cares if he is not as open as a person? He saved us from relegation and now we sit sixth in the league the next year… We were close to signing paddy Miller but couldn’t and he has said we need to sign a couple of better players. Everybody needs to calm down!

• IP Address: 213.213.151.245

RE: Everybody needs to calm down by Jackoburn User: Jackoburn

Posted: 15/2/2017 at 11:03:03, 180 views. In reply to 'Everybody needs to calm down '

Agreed!

• IP Address: 95.150.171.108

RE: Everybody needs to calm down by joshlawrance User: joshlawrance

Posted: 15/2/2017 at 11:37:29, 170 views. In reply to 'Everybody needs to calm down '

Literally just came on here to put that.

Calling for his head because we are on bad form in the last like 3 weeks. On and off for a few weeks before that.

Target for everyone was either Improvement on last year or Top 10 finish.

mine was Top 10 in the league and im not fussed about cups, only for money purposes.

• IP Address: 80.195.34.170

RE: RE: Everybody needs to calm down by Athletico seadog

Posted: 15/2/2017 at 12:07:42, 181 views. In reply to 'RE: Everybody needs to calm down '

Last 3 wks?? Look at our results in the league since end of nov. The last 11 weeks. Im not one for wanting a change of manager but there is just absolutely no sign at all that SK has anything left to give. He has had nothing to say about last nights defeat he has openly admitted that he has an open dressing room and everyone has there say. Maybe its time for an arse kicking?? Too many odd jobs in the team. Stuck with the same formation, got rid of decent players like birch and even brownie who i admit is not quite carl stewart or a james walshaw but the lad would of done better than our return since he left. Its a mess and to blindly say this is a over reaction just because we had a over acchieving return of results in the first 2/3 months the good has been out done. Teams in the bottom 4/5 have accumulated more points than us over 11 weeks how is that not a crisis?

• IP Address: 109.154.74.115

RE: RE: RE: Everybody needs to calm down by Athletico seadog

Posted: 15/2/2017 at 12:11:37, 163 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: Everybody needs to calm down '

1 more thing to add. At the fans forum in nov SK stated he was preparing to let 5/6 players go to enable him to bring in 2/3 quality players. He tried but they never came. Yet still let the 5/6 go. Birch Brownie & even Harrison would of been useful just recently. I know it sounds negative but there is not a lot of positive on the field either. Excuses about the budget too yet we have lost to more teams with a lesser budget than a larger one.

RE: RE: RE: Everybody needs to calm down by laseadog User: laseadog

Posted: 15/2/2017 at 17:32:43, 160 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: Everybody needs to calm down '

Our results since the end of November has still left us with fighting for the playoffs… That doesn’t make sense.
He has missed on targets, yes, but that is the reality of this league. Of course a team in the bottom 4/5 would get more points, nearing the end of the season. A change in management and personnel will bring that. Point the obvious mate, it happens every year… A team gets out of trouble! We are sixth place. You need to calm down and not be so thickle… You sound like an arsenal fan!

• IP Address: 157.157.58.170

RE: RE: RE: RE: Everybody needs to calm down by Athletico seadog

Posted: 15/2/2017 at 18:24:07, 177 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: RE: Everybody needs to calm down '

End of nov to beg feb is not end of season run in. Ok

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Everybody needs to calm down by Davo

Posted: 15/2/2017 at 18:26:46, 169 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: RE: RE: Everybody needs to calm down '

It’s a shambles on the pitch. Anyone with half a brain can see he has lost the dressing room. If you cant or won’t acknowledge this then you are completely and utterly deluded.

• IP Address: 188.221.219.195

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Everybody needs to calm down by seadog365 User: seadog365

Posted: 15/2/2017 at 18:27:26, 184 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: RE: RE: Everybody needs to calm down '

Whilst I’m not in the “Kittrick out" camp (and am rarely in the manager out camp, as I always prefer stability unless a change is absolutely essential), athletico seadog does have a point, in that our form over the last 10 games is only 17th best in the division. http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/northonenorth/form/ten

• IP Address: 79.73.88.26

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Everybody needs to calm down by Athletico seadog

Posted: 15/2/2017 at 18:40:13, 189 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Everybody needs to calm down '

Thanks lads. Im still not even calling for him to be out but wuestions need to be asked as we are not heading in the right direction on the field anymore. Not only SK body language is poor but it has spread to the players. Its the managers job to sort this. As for the Arsenal fan jibe/comparison Arsenal fans see finishing 4th as failure. I would see finishing 4th or either side of 4th a success. By the Way if you attended the Agm/fans forum in november. SK and DH both agreed anything less than the play offswould be a failure.

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Everybody needs to calm down by laseadog User: laseadog

Posted: 15/2/2017 at 22:54:14, 146 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Everybody needs to calm down '

How can you say we are not heading in the right field? We are sixth in the league and moving back to Scarborough? His body language is not an issue. It should never be an issue… Through the season, there will be times when a team are struggling more than others… The times when they are struggling the fans should stick by them. I’m sure earlier in the season you were stating how well SK and the team were doing… Judge him at the end of the season. We have not many games left. What is the point of sacking a manager in sixth place with how many games to go… The Arsenal fan jibe is not about 4th. It is about 1 minute being happy with a victory and then the next minute wanting the manager to go because of a poor result… When you look at it like that, the Arsenal fans will be moaning about losing to Bayern Munich tonight in the champions league and you are still moaning about losing to Pickering Town in a small cup 3 days before playing top of the league 😂 That in itself is laughable. I’m sure SK wanted to rest some players ahead of the Lancaster game and change some tactics!

• IP Address: 85.255.236.198

I back SK by filey1

Posted: 15/2/2017 at 21:31:12, 192 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: Everybody needs to calm down '

and compared to last season, this season is like a breath of fresh air! But all is not right, esp after we have done so well! I hope SK doesnt become so dismayed he walks after the season finishes

We are pretty weak up front, and we leak goals quite easily, not sure what the answer is, but I reckon its not Billy Logan, and Benny has well gone off the boil. Defensive wise, it all seems there, so i dont know we look so frail? Midfield wise, is Davidson coming back?

• IP Address: 94.9.194.0

RE: I back SK by steheps User: steheps

Posted: 15/2/2017 at 21:55:12, 212 views. In reply to 'I back SK'

What is disconcerting is that last week the reason we couldn’t live with Farsley was the budget we have at our disposal. He suggested another £2k per week (I may be wrong here) I believe was required to challenge such teams.

That ‘excuse’ simply does not cut it when we’re playing against an NCEL team who I have no doubt are not in the same bracket for wages as we what pay out. It’s illuminating that Bolder gave the interview post-match yesterday. SK’s approach is seemingly to throw money and collect older players from the Conference North for instance (in the hope it works out) as opposed to being able to build a ‘team,’ of players who want to play for each other - particularly in circumstances where most of the lads last night for Pickering are probably more local to Scarborough than the team we fielded. At some stage he has to take responsibility for the team he has put together, which he appears reluctant to do.

• IP Address: 151.228.194.236

Realistic by Interested Seadog

Posted: 16/2/2017 at 14:30:09, 189 views. In reply to 'RE: I back SK'

Excellent interpretation of the present situation at Boro.

• IP Address: 213.205.192.234

Re Re I back SK by Steve 0337

Posted: 16/2/2017 at 16:52:37, 198 views. In reply to 'I back SK'

The camp is very much split down the middle on this. I fully agree that we must keep a level head above all else.
SK’s latest interview say’s he will, or they will turn things around. There was a time that I would have taken that as gospel. Not now sadly. We are where we are in the league more by good fortune than good play. It is a false position due to the games played being more than most. As Matt says our form equates to being the 17th best side in the division. While I think that we are better than that we are at best maybe 10th to13th best in the division. If we finish anything above this at the end of the season based on the players we have then I would consider that a result. SK has steadied the ship this season and he gets my thanks for that. But facts are facts, results since November, generally have been below what is needed.
As such crowds have dipped, fans, like me have become very concerned that we have peaked under SK and are now going downhill. Let us not forget he is good at saying these players are not good enough but it was him that brought them to the club. To be fair I totally agree with him in regards to most of them. He says that we cannot compete financially with the likes of Farsley. That may be true, I know not.
His wages seem to get mentioned a great deal on here. The figure of £600 per week is regularly quoted. If that is true then he is not earning it by a long way. If that amount is being offered then I am sure we should be able to attract a better, more connected manager nearer to home than SK. I know there will be no shortage of applicants. I can think of a handful without trying too hard. They would not cost £600 per week either. If, that figure is accurate.
Let us be honest, improving on Brian and Paul’s efforts was not a difficult task. I was delighted when they took over from Rudy, as I was when he took the job. It did not work for Brian and Paul. Rudy did great for a good time. Sadly for them all, like all managers at most levels, it comes to an end. Believe me, I would love to see a manager come in and do a Fergie. To date, this has not happened.
I have been a SK fan. He took a while to win me over but he did. However, I now see that he has flattered to deceive. His contacts have proved pretty much fruitless as far as quality have been concerned. The present squad has 5 that I personally would retain for next season. The rest can go tomorrow for me. They really are that bad. Steve says it is a lack of confidence. I say it is a lack of ability, in most cases.
Regardless of my opinion, or anyone else’s opinion the board must make a decision. Stay or go. If he stays then they have to back him. He is always complaining that his hands are tied re money. He knew our situation before he took the job so just accept it. If the board want to stick with him then for me give him what he wants. If not, and bearing in mind his searching for jobs elsewhere, let him go ( this is my choice ). Let him go asap and get someone in soonest to start planning for next season.
We are always going to be limited as a fan owned club but let us at least put a team out that has a bit of pride in the shirt.

• IP Address: 86.132.213.51

RE: Re Re I back SK by Your last sentence says it all.

Posted: 16/2/2017 at 17:44:26, 161 views. In reply to 'Re Re I back SK'

• IP Address: 86.183.169.152

RE: Re Re I back SK by Athletico seadog

Posted: 16/2/2017 at 17:46:11, 215 views. In reply to 'Re Re I back SK'

Steve very well put probably better worded than i could of put down. I type words as i would speak them. Well put and i agree with you

Newer Thread: Carl Stewart signs

Older Thread: Denny Ingram

© Surfing Seadog. All Rights Reserved. Site design and development: Steve Smith

Views expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster, and not of the site administrators,scarborough athletic football club or the seadog trust unless otherwise stated.