Newest Message: Scorers for Boro by on 22/8/2017, 17:30:28 - View Thread

Thread: 89083

Whitby Gazette. by Taylor

Posted: 19/5/2017 at 14:35:58, 246 views.

http://www.whitbygazette.co.uk/news/blues-to-host-huge-pre-season-tournament-1-8551239

Edited by admin on 19/05/17 at 14:49:21
  • IP Address: 109.157.69.86

RE: Whitby Gazette. by che…

Posted: 19/5/2017 at 17:16:38, 148 views. In reply to 'Whitby Gazette.'

“Blues manager Chris Hardy is excited for the event, and believes that his side rubbing shoulders with some of Europe’s biggest sides, and Newcastle, can only be of benefit to them."

• IP Address: 86.156.212.199

RE: RE: Whitby Gazette. by Tree User: Tree

Posted: 19/5/2017 at 21:08:41, 133 views. In reply to 'RE: Whitby Gazette.'

I’m not sure it’s that attractive given my previous experience of AZ Alkmaar… I’ve got a couple of mates (only two, obviously), one who supports Norwich, one Borussia Moenchengladbach (don’t ask). So about 17 years ago, when I was living in Essex, Norwich had a friendly arranged against Borussia. So we dutifully trekked across to Norwich in my mkII Astra, no air-conditioning, heatwave, terrible traffic. My mate had rung both clubs to check the game was still on, but when we got into the ground, we could see Norwich warming up (yellow and green) and another team all in red (Borussia play in white, green and black). “New away kit?" I enquired, only to be told no, and that he didn’t recognise any of the players. Anyway we asked around and it turned out that we’d trekked halfway across rural England, on the hottest day of the year, to watch AZ Alkmaar, there’d been a last minute switch. And that was before anyone had heard of them. The afternoon was topped off when a local Einstein turned to my mate,all kited in Borussia gear and says, ."Hey, mate! What’s with the Nazi regalia?" All was not lost, I can report that Norwich offers a belting line in curry and some decent local ales.

Critically acclaimed Surfing Seadog poster: "Talks the most sense on here by a mile."

• IP Address: 82.30.88.118

woo, sounds good, maybe we should have done that?!! by filey1

Posted: 19/5/2017 at 23:01:20, 126 views. In reply to 'Whitby Gazette.'

• IP Address: 2.127.204.89

RE: woo, sounds good, maybe we should have done that?!! by ka114 User: ka114

Posted: 20/5/2017 at 05:34:22, 122 views. In reply to 'woo, sounds good, maybe we should have done that?!!'

Yeah it sounds good, I’m just excited at our pre season in Scarborough in ten years and the prospect of playing Sheff Utd!!

• IP Address: 90.200.74.249

Newer Thread: Scorers for Boro

Older Thread: Alhassane Keita Petition

© Surfing Seadog. All Rights Reserved. Site design and development: Steve Smith

Views expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster, and not of the site administrators,scarborough athletic football club or the seadog trust unless otherwise stated.