Newest Message: RE: we didn’t really deserve a point by Armchairdog on 18/11/2017, 17:25:37 - View Thread

Thread: 90247

Max Wright by borotomas User: borotomas

Posted: 19/10/2017 at 16:09:20, 149 views.

Out of interest does Max Wright train through the day with Grimsby and has anyone from their club been coming up to watch him?

I’m by no means a coach of any sort but I really feel his game would come along if he didn’t hug the touch line so much. He loves his starting position to be on the flank and have it all in front of him which is fine because he is a great player. My frustration is that he should mix up a bit and try to make runs in behind more often. He did it on Saturday in the first few minutes and nearly bagged a goal. I think we have a midfield capable of finding him with those types of passes. Great player and I love watching him but if I had to complain it would be that he has too much chalk on his boots (yes yes I know)

• IP Address: 62.190.148.115

RE: Max Wright by snainton seadog User: snainton seadog

Posted: 19/10/2017 at 22:23:43, 135 views. In reply to 'Max Wright'

I’ve been waiting years for a proper winger to hug the touchline! Would love to see one on the left as well tbh.

Normally our wingers want to be in the middle and don’t give us any balance.

-- UP THE BORO

• IP Address: 86.177.123.56

Wingers by New Seadog

Posted: 20/10/2017 at 09:20:58, 99 views. In reply to 'RE: Max Wright'

You want wingers to be as wide as possible when you have the ball, creating more space in the middle for the 3 central midfielders. It also stretches their midfield and back four, or at least keeps them thinking about his wide position.

The runs in behind you talk about are better coming from wider, as they are harder to pick up running on the diagonal. Rather than being narrow to begin with an then running in a straight line.

• IP Address: 213.121.203.218

RE: Max Wright by joshlawrance User: joshlawrance

Posted: 20/10/2017 at 12:14:31, 81 views. In reply to 'Max Wright'

kitterick teams are often very narrow. Max’s natural width give us a lot of space in the middle which is why we are now getting goals from midfield, Vallo et al.

I’d def say he is better out there, turns defenders around and can take them on, also his delivery is pretty good too!

and yes he is full time so trains with GT and then us when we train or have a match,

• IP Address: 62.254.104.28

Newer Thread: Boro Sign Top Striker Walshaw

Older Thread: Prediction competition

© Surfing Seadog. All Rights Reserved. Site design and development: Steve Smith

Views expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster, and not of the site administrators,scarborough athletic football club or the seadog trust unless otherwise stated.