Newest Message: SATV Goals v Trafford by Armchairdog on 19/11/2017, 15:30:53 - View Thread

Thread: 90391

Stimpson up front, panic and …… by Zante Seadog

Posted: 12/11/2017 at 13:39:15, 157 views.

Stop the negativity ffs
‘If’ Stimpson says he can do a job up front then why not give him a chance. It didn’t work,
Shit happens. Lesson learnt. If he’d banged a couple in SK would be a genius right now.
It didn’t work, SK openly admits we need a 20+ striker to add to the jigsaw. You can’t go to tesco and pick one up but he’s trying.
We need to get behind the team through thick and thin, we’re hardly having a bad season, 4th in the league, lots of football to play.
Just my opinion and I’m happy to read everyone else’s opinions but I firmly believe if we all get behind our team we will be up there when it matters. Shouting abuse doesn’t help the lads on the pitch or the manager or the bench. Although I do think some of our fans enjoy moaning more when we get beat than they do cheering when we’re winning. ;)
UTB!

• IP Address: 82.16.82.236

RE: Stimpson up front, panic and …… by dan

Posted: 12/11/2017 at 14:25:19, 154 views. In reply to 'Stimpson up front, panic and ……'

Couldn’t agree more! moaning and negativity is not going to take the team forward. Go for a 10 minute walk instead of posting such comments, am sure you will feel better for it !

• IP Address: 109.156.90.13

RE Stimpson upfront, panic and …….. by YorkshireJAMES

Posted: 12/11/2017 at 15:16:30, 126 views. In reply to 'Stimpson up front, panic and ……'

Again nice to read some realism on here, our fans do tend to bitch and moan when we lose agreed, yet when we win and someone still has a bad game all you hear people say is it doesn’t matter we won the game !

• IP Address: 31.94.5.79

clarkson scored for Barton again by deep seadog User: deep seadog

Posted: 12/11/2017 at 15:23:13, 125 views. In reply to 'RE Stimpson upfront, panic and ……..'

our striker out on loan scoring in a poor side in last 2 games, to be honest I think the reason for the hostility and a few people loosing faith in Kitterick is the strange & unpopular decision to get rid of Turnbull, how did his replacement do yesterday ?

• IP Address: 86.170.160.167

RE Clarkson scored for Barton today by YorkshireJAMES

Posted: 12/11/2017 at 15:29:45, 137 views. In reply to 'clarkson scored for Barton again'

Clarkson always seems to be injured, when he arrived back at boro he couldn’t get in the team due to the strikers we had at the time, since then he’s gone out on loan and not done a right lot until yesterday..

As for Turnbull yh he’s had to go out and get some games and we’ve brought someone in who did one thing wrong yesterday and it was his first game, needs a few matches to get used to the other players in the team, far too early to judge..

Pickering played 5 at the back and even then they let a goal in against a very poor Barton side, even with Matty in at CB, it’s all swings and roundabouts!

• IP Address: 31.94.5.79

RE: RE Clarkson scored for Barton today by deep seadog User: deep seadog

Posted: 12/11/2017 at 15:39:22, 143 views. In reply to 'RE Clarkson scored for Barton today'

I don’t know how hes playing but hes scored in last 2 games, It just seems that once they go they are gone for ever, only time will tell but I suspect Matty will soon be taken by one of our rivals, any money on tadcaster ?, as you say time will prove the wisdom of the decision but at the moment most fans are unhappy with it so if it doesn’t work the buck stops with the manager & as I say I think its the reason the fans are less positive towards him.

re Clarkson and Turnbull by scout

Posted: 12/11/2017 at 20:50:04, 122 views. In reply to 'RE: RE Clarkson scored for Barton today'

Clarkson never seemed interested and got sent off, Turnbull had an average game - did not stand out

• IP Address: 88.104.2.151

RE: RE Clarkson scored for Barton today by Exsafcspectator

Posted: 12/11/2017 at 16:29:32, 151 views. In reply to 'RE Clarkson scored for Barton today'

Actually Pickering played 3 at the back and Barton played well but Pickering did win!

• IP Address: 95.149.242.100

Can we stop saying we “got rid of” Turnbull? by Malton Seadog User: Malton Seadog

Posted: 12/11/2017 at 16:58:04, 159 views. In reply to 'RE: RE Clarkson scored for Barton today'

It was Matty’s choice to move away to get first team football.

Yes, SK dropped him due to poor performances, but he also asked him to sit and watch at Kendal (as per his interview) and didn’t simply tell him to stay at home. SK didn’t think Matty warranted a place in the team for one reason or another, and when he did play, wasn’t happy with his performances. Because of this, Matty decided to ask to go to Pickering to play first team football.

We didn’t let him go - he wanted to leave to play football. SK’s only “crime" in all this is not giving Matty time on the pitch, rightly or wrongly depending on your views.

• IP Address: 82.43.217.44

all hear say really, who actually knows whats been said by deep seadog User: deep seadog

Posted: 12/11/2017 at 18:30:04, 139 views. In reply to 'Can we stop saying we “got rid of” Turnbull? '

All I see is a player that gave 100% every game, yes he made a couple of errors but was he on his own ? we are now told the new player Needs games to settle in, didn’t go on Saturday but apparently defensive blunders and unable to defend corners, so nothings changed there

Re:Stimpson up front etc by BoroNo7 User: BoroNo7

Posted: 12/11/2017 at 19:24:23, 158 views. In reply to 'Stimpson up front, panic and ……'

There’s been much comment this week about perceived weaknesses in the team and SK’s response to this situation

SK ( and therefore the Club) and the players involved are both victims of the structure/financial constraints of football at our level

Years ago SFC, and others like us , had a Reserve team which played n the Yorkshire League.We could therefore maintain a squad of potential 1st team players, on contracts, with the opportunity for players who were either returning from injury and/or loss of form to get regular football and press for a return to the 1st team - a situation which benefited both player and Club.

We don’t have that luxury these days , many Football League sides can,t afford a second team, so let’s have a bit more understanding of the difficulties of both the manager and also of players who are not playing regularly - I have sympathy for all those involved

UTB

• IP Address: 78.144.182.52

Newer Thread: Christmas draw tickets

Older Thread: PRESCOT CABLES v BORO video online now

© Surfing Seadog. All Rights Reserved. Site design and development: Steve Smith

Views expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster, and not of the site administrators,scarborough athletic football club or the seadog trust unless otherwise stated.