Newest Message: RE: RE: RE: Under soil heating required @ Ramsbottom 🐑 by Belfast Seadog on 19/1/2018, 07:21:41 - View Thread

Thread: 90704

Goin up by Bobby cooper

Posted: 8/1/2018 at 03:51:33, 162 views.

Can boro get back into the football league or would the ground stop us

• IP Address: 82.132.217.23

RE: Goin up by borotomas User: borotomas

Posted: 8/1/2018 at 07:36:49, 140 views. In reply to 'Goin up '

Ground is no where near good enough at the moment. Let’s cross that bridge if we come to it. Be a nice problem to have

• IP Address: 86.158.16.6

Forum by Some bloke

Posted: 8/1/2018 at 08:10:02, 142 views. In reply to 'RE: Goin up '

We have a forum coming up on Friday where trust members can ask questions. I would suggest its a perfect question!

Some bloke

• IP Address: 213.205.192.191

RE: Forum by dogtanian User: dogtanian

Posted: 8/1/2018 at 11:25:54, 128 views. In reply to 'Forum'

Another question would be - “can Scarborough make it back into the football league even if the ground was suitable” and i think that after 8 years of sfc in non league and then 10 years of the phoenix club playing in brid, it’s so far away from most Scarborough Athletic fans’ minds as to be not relevant really. Our natural level in the current guise and in this day and age (as football is very different these days) is probably conference north, with the odd promotion to conference national before coming back down in underdog glory. Most if not all conference national clubs are full time now, and many are ex-league. To have had Luton in the conference for so many years, and now tranmere, would have been unthinkable back in the 90’s when we were a league team. When we went down in ‘99 who were the big clubs apart from us? Rushden, and only cos of the backing they had. Donny were a sleeping giant I suppose, but pants that season and in a rubbish ground with few fans. Now, there’s more teams with wealthy backers trying to get promotion into the league - look at forest green, who are basically a village team. There’s formerly traditional non league clubs who now seem to be mainstays of the football league with decent stadiums and crowds - wycombe, burton, Stevenage, Yeovil, Cheltenham, etc.

Would I like it if we had a wealthy backer who can get Scarborough back into the league and stay interested enough to help us stay there and not go bust? Of course - but it won’t happen and I’m more than happy about that, I’m enjoying watching Boro trying to move up to our natural level and i’ll enjoy watching us stay there, with the odd stab at promotion to conference national every now and again. Anyway, even that’s years away……….roll on Saturday and hopefully another 3 points!

Edited on 08/01/18 at 11:30:36
  • IP Address: 82.42.101.36

RE: RE: Forum by beckywitch User: beckywitch

Posted: 8/1/2018 at 12:32:56, 113 views. In reply to 'RE: Forum'

I’ve been watching the Salford tv programme and wondered how I would have liked it if some ex players came in here and took over.
Not sure I would.

beckywitch

• IP Address: 90.217.142.216

RE: RE: RE: Forum by dogtanian User: dogtanian

Posted: 8/1/2018 at 14:01:31, 91 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: Forum'

I hope they’re in for the long haul, otherwise that ground will be a white elephant if they go back to their old level and old crowds

• IP Address: 85.255.235.191

RE: Goin up by joshlawrance User: joshlawrance

Posted: 8/1/2018 at 08:37:13, 122 views. In reply to 'Goin up '

We can go up one more and then would need an extra 1000 capacity I believe.

The football league is miles away. Evo prem, conf north, conference THEN league so. Years and years way

• IP Address: 213.205.193.97

RE: RE: Goin up by AytonSAFC User: AytonSAFC

Posted: 8/1/2018 at 09:19:14, 141 views. In reply to 'RE: Goin up '

Had a brief chat with a director on Saturday and it appears the plan is instead of quickly shoving a roof on the swimming pool end and some temporary steps, the club is pursuing a proper stand with seats and terracing along the donkey field side. Use the flamingo land money and can get this matched by government monies. Makes so much more sense to me to come up with a solution that is not onlu better, but works towards our long term needs. Believe they are meeting with architects soon to further this with plans to get moving this summer.
Well done the board :)

• IP Address: 86.145.185.130

RE: RE: RE: Goin up by dogtanian User: dogtanian

Posted: 8/1/2018 at 10:25:13, 137 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: Goin up '

Sounds great!!

Just what we need

• IP Address: 82.42.101.36

RE: Goin up by Burniston User: Burniston

Posted: 8/1/2018 at 15:08:44, 98 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: RE: Goin up '

Personally this has not even crossed my mind. What is the point of being in the football league? why the obsession? We are miles away from that scenario and to be perfectly honest (thanks Rudy) I have enjoyed the last 10 years way way more than those last few seasons of the old club after I moved to Scarboro in ‘95. With our current set up I can see us in the future competing well in Conference North at best and being more regional will also keep travelling down. We just have to realise it is what it is.

PMA

• IP Address: 95.146.129.124

RE: RE: Goin up by Malton Seadog User: Malton Seadog

Posted: 8/1/2018 at 15:31:29, 109 views. In reply to 'RE: Goin up'

Top half of the Conference North, flirting with the playoffs.
Occasional FA Cup run to 1st Round Proper
Occasional FA Trophy run to the last 32 or last 16
Four sides of cover at the ground.
Average crowds of 1,000-1,500.

I’d be happy with that. I’d feel like we’d “made it" if that happened, after watching us lose to (with all due respect) teams like Rainworth, Barton Town, Parkgate, and Maltby while playing 18 miles down the coast. We’ve come a long way in 10 years, and the next 10 years will show us, IMO, how far we can go.

• IP Address: 82.43.217.44

If my dodgy maths are correct… by Dunno

Posted: 8/1/2018 at 15:45:45, 121 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: Goin up'

Scarborough FC were in existence for about 128 years. We spent 12 years in the League which by my reckoning means we spent 9.3% of our entire history as a league club. Its more than a lot of clubs but I think we can safely call ourselves a genuine non-league club who had a brief flirtation with the league rather than an established league club who are now where we shouldn’t be. I agree probably the league above or Conf North is our default level.

• IP Address: 151.228.192.73

Cool wiki page… by Dunno

Posted: 8/1/2018 at 15:50:20, 119 views. In reply to 'If my dodgy maths are correct…'

nice job to who ever created this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scarborough_F.C._seasons

Interesting that the 1923/4 and 1924/5 seasons, the top scorer was someone named ‘A Coulson’. Wonder if he is a relation!

That fellow named ‘Ocky Johnson’ looks a bit of a goal scoring legend pre 1st world war as well.

• IP Address: 151.228.192.73

Newer Thread: Prediction Competition update

Older Thread: Our record vs. top half and bottom half.

© Surfing Seadog. All Rights Reserved. Site design and development: Steve Smith

Views expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster, and not of the site administrators,scarborough athletic football club or the seadog trust unless otherwise stated.