Newest Message: Boro v Grimsby programmes wanted by immingham seadog on 17/7/2019, 19:20:40 - View Thread

Can I be the voice of reason? by Malton Seadog User: Malton Seadog

Posted: 30/9/2018 at 19:50:05, 413 views.

I’m going to keep this very short. Sometimes statistics can make a point.

2015/16: Kittrick joins us on the back of 7 straight league defeats. Crowds drop as low as 211 vs Spennymoor, his first point in charge of the club. We survive and come within minutes of winning a cup final.
2016/17: In his first full season in charge, he puts together a team capable of finishing 3rd, and due to injuries, we lose a playoff semi-final. Our league position improves by 17 positions from the previous season.
2017/18: We finish 2nd and earn promotion, amassing 95 points, winning 30 games, and scoring 101 goals.
2018/19: In our first season at NPL Premier level, we are 3rd, having won half of our games, and lost only two. We have beaten two promotion favourites (Basford/Hyde), and have the second best attack in the league with 19 goals.

Can someone explain to me the crisis please?

Losing 2-3 after winning 2-1 is crap. Of course it is. I think questioning SK’s ability to manage a football club after finishing in the top three in both full seasons in charge of us is also crap, to be honest.

It’s September. We’re 3rd. If we keep losing after leading in games and we are 15th by Christmas, by all means we can have a look, but for now, I really don’t see the issue, aside from reacting badly to one bad result. Shields lost. Gainsborough lost. Buxton lost at home to Lancaster! We will lose games in this division and can still do well. Let’s lose the sense of entitlement, acknowledge that there are some very astute and seasoned teams at this level, and get on with it. If we win more than we lose (currently 5-2 in that regard), we’ll be up there.

• IP Address: 82.43.217.44

Newer Thread: Boro v Grimsby programmes wanted

Older Thread: What frustrates me most

© Surfing Seadog. All Rights Reserved. Site design and development: Steve Smith

Views expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster, and not of the site administrators,scarborough athletic football club or the seadog trust unless otherwise stated.