Newest Message: Jackson’s joy after making Scarborough Athletic switch by Old Git on 6/8/2020, 17:48:44 - View Thread

Dave Merris joins Pikes by Old Git

Posted: 5/7/2020 at 12:09:52, 167 views.

Pikes have signed the vastly experienced former Scarborough Athletic Captain Dave Merris.

Here’s what Manager Steve Roberts had to say earlier this morning at Mill Lane .

“I am absolutely delighted to welcome Mez to Pickering Town. I worked with him for nearly 6 years at Scarborough and he brings a wealth of experience to the club .

He was club captain in Scarborough’s promotion season and then moved on to assistant manager. He has still got a good couple of seasons left playing , because he is a very fit player who has hardly ever had any injuries .

He will help develop the younger players in the squad , but also add that leadership on the pitch which is vital at any level.

He will assist in a coaching role but primarily he is here to play football.

His former club list reads , York , Harrogate, Guiseley and Scarborough. That list alone speaks volumes for his quality and professionalism over the years.

I look forward to working with him again and know he will add so much to Pickering both on and off the pitch".

• IP Address: 79.69.129.181

Newer Thread: Jackson’s joy after making Scarborough Athletic switch

Older Thread: Brutal & bizarre: Wigans collapse into administration

© Surfing Seadog. All Rights Reserved. Site design and development: Steve Smith

Views expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster, and not of the site administrators,scarborough athletic football club or the seadog trust unless otherwise stated.