Newest Message: Boro v Grimsby programmes wanted by immingham seadog on 17/7/2019, 19:20:40 - View Thread

Thread: 91808

What frustrates me most by Fendog

Posted: 30/9/2018 at 08:27:41, 416 views.

KitKat takes no responsibility at all when losing a game.
Yes it’s the players that ultimately win and loose game but his “game management" undoubtedly lost us the game.
As for slating his players all the time… Just look at Jose….loose the dressing room and your going to struggle.
What’s wrong with going into that dressing room and saying… Sorry lads I got it wrong.
We go again. Let’s not forget it’s a pretty good start to the season.
Just another note. I know wally gets the goals but who would really like to play with him ?
Just throwing it out there but is he good or bad for team moral. I’m on the fence tbh.

• IP Address: 162.158.154.189

Ask yourself these three questions…… by mrs trellis User: mrs trellis

Posted: 30/9/2018 at 09:20:11, 408 views. In reply to 'What frustrates me most'

When looking at the performance of a Boro manager I ask myself three questions…..

1). Are we in a better place than when they found us?
2). Do they care about the club?
3). Are we enjoying the ride?

You can apply the same questions to board members.
Yes there will be ups and downs but by these measures both board and manager ain’t doing too bad right now.

As for Walshaw, if you can’t see what else he does other than score goals, then you are wasting your money going to watch football.
Chasing lost causes, off the ball runs that open the way for midfielders to take shots, holding the ball up to take the pressure off the back four, cleverly winning free kicks by placing himself where opposition giants have to foul him or appear to foul him, sanitation, the medicine, roads, wine, education, law and order, public health……. . When our back four clear the ball it stays cleared, this time last year with the likes of Billy Logan and Emile Sinclair up top it was coming straight back.

Ok sometimes he might take a shot when a pass is on but most players would love to play in a team with a player who works as hard as Wally.

Edited on 30/09/18 at 09:25:00
  • IP Address: 2a02:c7d:aeee:1c00:f

On the fence by Fendog

Posted: 30/9/2018 at 09:30:32, 335 views. In reply to 'Ask yourself these three questions……'

Like I say im on the fence. I get what he does but my question was would you like to play with him.

• IP Address: 2a00:23c5:ef11:ca00:

RE: On the fence by Cynic

Posted: 30/9/2018 at 09:41:58, 315 views. In reply to 'On the fence'

Plays like he’s in a permanent narky mood - but might be completely different off the pitch?

• IP Address: 162.158.158.77

RE: Ask yourself these three questions…… by Zante seadog

Posted: 30/9/2018 at 09:56:40, 411 views. In reply to 'Ask yourself these three questions……'

Bang on! Walshaw is a lot more than just goals. Heard an old fan saying he should have had 15/20 this season already. Really??
If he’d score that he’d be gone elsewhere for plenty of bucks!
I am going to get slated for this but our defence has been short for a couple of seasons. Could it be the No1 that’s the problem?
Amazing shot stopper but he doesn’t inspire confidence, can’t kick, can’t catch, doesn’t boss the defence, not a great communicator, no control of his box. We have conference quality defenders but they look poor in front of a one trick pony??
Been saying this for 2 seasons.

• IP Address: 162.158.155.130

‘re ‘re ask yourself 3 questions. by Steve0337

Posted: 30/9/2018 at 11:07:47, 313 views. In reply to 'RE: Ask yourself these three questions……'

Totally agree with the comments on the Number 1..Amazing shot stopper….But the rest of his game, at times is poor..He needs to improve on those aspects of his game..Communication is a real issue. He does not control his box as well as he should..Trouble is he he gets those things right he would be playing at a much higher level.

• IP Address: 188.29.164.80

RE: RE: Ask yourself these three questions…… by Geoff hooley

Posted: 30/9/2018 at 13:08:49, 408 views. In reply to 'RE: Ask yourself these three questions……'

Best comments i have read on this forum! As for read wally ,without him we wouldn’t have got promotion & would, be at the bottom of this league, have said all season defence is s**t, they must be on contract ,or would be gone.

• IP Address: 162.158.111.200

RE: RE: RE: Ask yourself these three questions…… by Athletico Seadog

Posted: 30/9/2018 at 20:17:34, 313 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: Ask yourself these three questions……'

Imo we have a very decent & capable no1 in TT. I do agree he needs to fond a voice and be more vocal but lets not blame him for certain poor performers in front of him.

• IP Address: 2a00:23c5:ef10:1f00:

Re-No1 by Banksy User: Banksy

Posted: 1/10/2018 at 15:06:53, 357 views. In reply to 'RE: Ask yourself these three questions……'

Cannot believe the comments made about Tommy kept the team in numerous games last and this season contributing some much in securing promotion last season.Yes I agree at times his kicking is not the best but what would rather have a keeper who keeps the ball out of the back of the net or he can kick it bare in mind he is a goalkeeper and not an out field player.As to the defence who zante said are conference standard well obviously you haven’t seen .any games at that level because the centre backs would struggle to get in any team at that level but I am sure Tommy would not look out of place.As for his talking and organising I remember when David Seaman was released from Leeds for similar reasons by Eddie Gray well he didn’t become any more vocal and went on to become one of the best this country as seen maybe because he kept the ball out of the back of the net.So Zante get your facts right about Goalkeeping before you start passing silly comments

• IP Address: 2.102.68.127

RE: Re-No1 by seadogx (original one)

Posted: 1/10/2018 at 16:19:06, 336 views. In reply to 'Re-No1'

I think it is important to take into account that this message board is no where near as busy as it was 5/10/15 years ago. Just because there isn’t a host of people jumping to defend tommy/wally/kittrick it doesn’t automatically mean that those criticising them at the moment are speaking for a significant percentage of the fan base. Personally I feel some of these posts that emerge after every defeat aren’t even worthy of a reply and I suspect I am not alone in that view.

• IP Address: 162.158.154.183

RE: RE: Re-No1 by seadog365 User: seadog365

Posted: 1/10/2018 at 21:27:06, 274 views. In reply to 'RE: Re-No1'

I agree that sadly this forum isn’t as busy as it used to be (even though we have far more fans than we used to). Bizarrely.

• IP Address: 162.158.154.189

RE: RE: Re-No1 by Geoff hooley

Posted: 1/10/2018 at 22:04:05, 276 views. In reply to 'RE: Re-No1'

Surely people who have paid money to watch ,have a right to pass a opinion on the players performance and the management. They are paid !!!

• IP Address: 62.28.210.74

RE: RE: Re-No1 by Tree User: Tree

Posted: 2/10/2018 at 13:12:56, 245 views. In reply to 'RE: Re-No1'

You are certainly not alone! I get sucked in occasionally by particularly obtuse/bizarre posts, but by and large keep schtum.

• IP Address: 82.30.88.118

RE: Ask yourself these three questions…… by Tree User: Tree

Posted: 2/10/2018 at 13:18:35, 380 views. In reply to 'Ask yourself these three questions……'

Seconded.

• IP Address: 82.30.88.118

Newer Thread: Boro v Grimsby programmes wanted

Older Thread: Is Annan injured or has he left? n/t

© Surfing Seadog. All Rights Reserved. Site design and development: Steve Smith

Views expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster, and not of the site administrators,scarborough athletic football club or the seadog trust unless otherwise stated.