Newest Message: Steve Kittrick’s column by Paper on 13/12/2018, 11:58:32 - View Thread

Thread: 92048

From SN: Council give go ahead to new stand by Armchairdog User: Armchairdog

Posted: 6/12/2018 at 22:36:16, 325 views.

https://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/news/council-give-go-ahead-to-scarborough-athletic-s-new-stand-1-9481104

Edited by admin on 06/12/18 at 22:37:26
  • IP Address: 162.158.91.145

RE: From SN: Council give go ahead to new stand by Burniston User: Burniston

Posted: 8/12/2018 at 11:53:37, 141 views. In reply to 'From SN: Council give go ahead to new stand'

I listened to the video in the council chamber & was surprised that parking was a big issue as I have never seen the car park full. Do some people park in the street nearby? There was a minor panic about the growing size of the stadium as though the bigger we made it the more people would be there. No mention was made of the fact that the stand was basically built to aid the match day experience of those already there. (Having not been previously built by the council in the first place). I would expect only a modest increase in the matchday numbers based on the numbers that went to the McCain stadium when a couple of leagues higher than we are now. They spoke of planting to deaden the sound whereas the stand would actually help that cause I would think. Anyway despite my concerns, common sense prevailed and the meeting passed the proposal with only one vote against. The guy who voted against, talked of the disruption & noise 2 times a week when on average it would be more like 1 time every 2 weeks apart from the extra Tuesday night games early season with a smaller crowd but next to nothing in the few months of the summer closed season.
Onwards & Upwards

PMA

• IP Address: 2.26.98.44

Newer Thread: Nathan Valentine rallying cry…

Older Thread: Goals

© Surfing Seadog. All Rights Reserved. Site design and development: Steve Smith

Views expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster, and not of the site administrators,scarborough athletic football club or the seadog trust unless otherwise stated.