Newest Message: RE: RE: RE: Will this season stand? by Burniston on 7/4/2020, 00:13:35 - View Thread

Thread: 93142

Prediction League Winner by Armchairdog User: Armchairdog

Posted: 26/3/2020 at 18:47:37, 124 views.

With the season ending prematurely I’ve decided to declare the current league table as final. This means Malton Seadog is the Prediction League Champion. So congratulations to him! I take the runners-up spot and Garton Seadog finishes in third place.

Obviously the Prediction Cup only reached semi-final stage so unfortunately that will just have to be abandoned.

If anyone has any ideas on how to improve the prediction league for next season, i’m all ears. I was thinking of changing the points system to make it a bit fairer and also maybe introduce points for guessing the “first Boro goalscorer” with maybe 2 points for a striker, 5 for a midfielder and 8 for a defender or something like that. Anyway, any ideas let me know.

• IP Address: 2a02:c7f:3827:8300:d

RE: Prediction League Winner by seadog365 User: seadog365

Posted: 26/3/2020 at 20:32:08, 90 views. In reply to 'Prediction League Winner'

Basically when Dunno gets a decent number of points for predicting a 9-9 draw you know it needs tweaking ;-)

• IP Address: 92.30.252.161

RE: RE: Prediction League Winner by China seadog (now vietnam)

Posted: 27/3/2020 at 02:27:27, 97 views. In reply to 'RE: Prediction League Winner'

Thanks for all the great work! Made the season much more interesting, maybe next year I won’t go for a boro victory every week haha! Don’t change something that already works!

• IP Address: 45.126.97.45

this is an outrage by Dunno

Posted: 27/3/2020 at 12:19:04, 114 views. In reply to 'RE: Prediction League Winner'

im going to have to alter my strategy

• IP Address: 2a02:c7f:6e1c:c800:d

comments for next year by Burniston User: Burniston

Posted: 27/3/2020 at 15:49:33, 381 views. In reply to 'this is an outrage'

Many thanks Armchair for this little bit of fun. Stopped early just when I was on a climb & fightback after starting late. I found predicting a loss took the edge off the gloom when it happened but obviously I was still more overjoyed when we won. :)
Maybe 3 points for an exact result, otherwise the same as this year for goals and win/lose prediction.
Also suggest crowd within 10 - 3 points, within 50 - 2 points, within 100 - 1 point

Got a very long closed season now and just when the weather had been great following all that wind week after week. Sods law.

PMA

• IP Address: 95.144.22.146

RE: comments for next year by Armchairdog User: Armchairdog

Posted: 30/3/2020 at 18:41:01, 72 views. In reply to 'comments for next year'

Since my original post I notice the North Riding FA have announced their intention to complete this season’s NRSC. If that turns out to be the case then the Prediction Cup can be completed as that was left at semi-final stage too.

• IP Address: 2a02:c7f:3827:8300:8

Newer Thread: Boro draw - took me 30 seconds to sign up

Older Thread: Peanuts

© Surfing Seadog. All Rights Reserved. Site design and development: Steve Smith

Views expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster, and not of the site administrators,scarborough athletic football club or the seadog trust unless otherwise stated.